Image Map

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Monthly Favorites :: February 2013

Blog

Here are my most reached for makeup products this month. I try to branch out each month and try something new, and this month, pink was my color. I'm not someone who normally gravitates towards pink, but hey, maybe it was the Valentine's Day spirit!

The first three were lip products. During the winter I suffer from constant cracked lips, and Lush's Mint Julips lip scrub has saved them. I use this exfoliate my lips before applying lipstick, and it works perfect. And it's edible! I am obsessed with the Revlon Lip Butters! I recommend them to anyone who wants to wear color on their lips, but doesn't want something too opaque. I've been using Revlon Lip Butter "cotton candy 045" almost everyday, and it hasn't left my purse this whole month. It's flattering, but not frosty looking like some pink lipsticks. And since Revlon keeps making amazing products, I couldn't stop myself from getting the Revlon Colorburst gloss in "016 Bourdeux". It's a really flattering burgundy gloss with fine shimmer. It's not sticky at all and last through dinner, so how can you go wrong?

I'm usual a neutral eye girl, but this month I found something to use instead of my Naked palette. I hopped on the Wet N' Wild bandwagon and picked up one of their eyeshadow palettes. I peeled off the label, but it contains a beautiful burgundy, a brown crease color, and a barely there pink for a highlight. It brings out my green eyes, and doesn't crease. Not to mention it was less then $3!

I change my nail polish at least weekly, but I keep repeating using Nailtini's "104 Frappe". It's a flattering sheer pink, and the best part is it lasts a week without chipping! I received mine in my January Ipsy, but Nailtini has a website. To keep my nails looking healthy, and not have dry cuticles, I use J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve. I received this in my Birchbox, and it has a permanent place on my night stand now.

If you haven't tried E.l.f. blushes, you are missing out! I have high end blushes, and there is something about these blushes, that I had to buy all of them. They are so pigmented, and are close dupes for Nars blushes. So this month I have been using the E.L.F. blush in "twinkle pink", which is a pinkish-brown, that goes great with bronzer.

What are your monthly favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment