Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

Product Review :: Flower Lip Service Lipbutter

Untitled

There has been a huge hype for Drew Barrymore's Flower cosmetic line that hit Walmart stores and online in January. I'm a little late to stop and check it out, but better late then never, right? I feel like every celebrity has branched out and created perfumes, cosmetics, or a clothing line. Drew's focus is more different, where there is no advertisements for the first year. So instead of being bombarded with Drew's face in every magazine, the line will grow from word of mouth. The cosmetics are not tested on animals, and all products are under $20! Now I know that your thinking, "well isn't every drugstore brand under $20?" Flower's packaging looks expensive with the rose gold accents. The only downside is once the label is taken off to open it, there is no sticker with the shade number or color left on it.

Untitled

I was expecting to see whay more, but I think nothing stood out to me as a buy me product. Since I'm buying lipstick like there is no tomorrow, I picked up one of the Lip Service lip butters to try. I've been buying pinks and corals for Spring, but I gravitated towards the shade, LB5 Haute Honeysuckle from the line. I love Revlon lip butters, so I thought it would be a great product to add to my collection. It's not a nude, but it's not a coral as you can see from the swatch. It's not sticky or tacky, but it's not as moisturizing as I need. I'm giving the lip butter a 3 out of 5 because it was only $6.98, and I will just have to layer this productbwith a lip balm for extra hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment